Monday, July 11, 2011

"Cause I'm Fresh in My White Tee"

"Step on the scene with some green and some hard white work
Real clean fresh jeans and a all white shirt"


Is that song in your head now too? Well the point of this post isn't just to share the musical genius of Crime Mom with you, but if you go around singing "yep, in my white tee," for the rest of the night I'll consider that a perk.

The point my friends is that I have a problem. Possibly an intervention worthy problem. I like to buy white shirts. There, I said it. Where do I sign up for the 12 step program?

I like to shop, and since I work for a nonprofit and we just moved most of my shopping these days consists of online browsing. I like to put things in my shopping cart and pretend I have unlimited funds, who doesn't do that? No matter where I am or what site I'm perusing on my lunch break, I am constantly drawn to the white tees, or sweaters, or blouses, and if it's a cardigan well there is a 99.9% chance it'll be mine. (I'm not ready to come clean on that addiction quite yet.)

In my oh so wise and expert (not) opinion, there is nothing better than a good fitting pair of jeans and a white shirt. It's classic, timeless, clean, and dare I say a little hot.
photo courtesy of jcrew.com
How gorgeous is Lauren Hutton? Style. Icon.
photo courtesy of fashioncircus.blogspot.com
My apologies for featuring a "celebrity" from the hills. I'm not a fan, but it's a good outfit example.

Ok, so maybe the white tee-jeans combo isn't so hot on everyone...

photo courtesy of twilightish.com
sorry Twilight fans.

Now it's off to run some more so those jeans will looks good enough with my growing white top collection! I rode my new (to me) bike to work all last week and went on some good long rides so my running progress was a bit neglected. Back to the grind today though! Juneau and I did a quick two miles in the rain. Maybe I'm weird but I love running when it's raining outside. I'm thinking of registering for a race to help keep me motivated, any suggestions/volunteers to run with me? You know you wanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment