Tuesday, August 23, 2011

No Mountain Pictures Here, Just Monday.

Despite the exciting adventures I share on this blog, our life isn't just a series of camping trips, baseball games, hikes, and happy hours. Although we do LOVE a good happy hour. In fact, we had an awesome time with some friends who just moved to Denver at happy hour last Thursday but I didn't take a picture. Fail. So anyway, after our adventurous weekend and a long Monday back at work (for me at least, Ion's on the job hunt now that the bar is finished, woohoo!) we were excited for an oh so exciting night in.

We are absolutely loving life in Denver. Colorado is beautiful and full of lots of amazing adventures and good friends. But what is really great to us (and maybe boring to you because I don't have scenic pictures to post) is actually living IN THE SAME CITY for the fist time in our seven year relationship. Yup 7. That's a long time, and even longer when you are living 4 or 2 or 8 hours apart. We thought life was pretty awesome when I was in Charlotte and Ion was at Wake for a year and then in Columbia for law school for another year before I decided it was a good idea to move 8 hours north to DC. So now we are not only in the same city and same state but in the same house (yea yea living in sin, we know and are pretty ok with it so move on...). Getting to spend a Monday night together used to be rare and now it's the norm. We do all that boring stuff like laundry, walking the dog, cooking dinner, and even cleaning together. And it's awesome. Lame? Maybe, but it's nice to appreciate the everyday stuff along with the adventures. It's all really a new adventure to us.

Are you bored yet? Well let me tell you about our exciting night! First we walked the dog, then we cooked some dinner by adding veggies and chicken to some way too salty leftovers from a stir-fry gone wrong last week (turned out delish in case you're wondering). Since Ion kinda likes me and I had a stressful day at work, after dinner we rode our bikes to get some frozen yogurt. There is a place not far from us that I have been dying to try out and it did not dissapoint. Yup, the highlight of my night was some Red Velvet Cake Batter FroYo with sprinkles. Don't even try to tell me that doesn't sound amazing.

I even took a picture, mostly because I'm not a fan of blog posts without pictures. (Our house isn't usually yellow, not sure what was happening with that lighting.)


Sorry if that got a little too mushy for you (I was even a bit squimish when writing this), just trying to keep it real and remember to appreciate the little things (yup, just barfed in my mouth). And so you don't think we're too boring and the seven people who read this blog come back again, tonight's agenda is a little more exciting with $1 tacos and more likely than not one or three margaritas with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment